Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rest In God's Arms*

Yesterday, I woke up with one of those migraines that feels like your head is going to explode. I was debating if I should make plans to go to a sweet lady's funeral for the next day, but the more my friend and I talked about it, I realized I needed to care of my health and rest. So I took a half of a muscle relaxer just to relax the tension in my body and head. Boy, I slept good, but then after 12 hours in bed, I thought I might get up to eat, but every time I looked at the ceiling it was crawling and making strange designs due to the migraine I had. It looked like the ceiling was trying to tell me something.  I covered my head and layed back in bed as I prayed and actually thanked God that my head didn't feel like it would explode. 

Sometimes we want to do things that we aren't able to do because there are those times in our life where we just need to rest and pray and that is OKAY. I want to get better so I am able to go to church on Sunday... I noticed that the last month, the more I take care of myself and force myself to rest, the more I am able to go to the place I love, my church.

We had a guest speaker this Sunday. He spoke about moving forward and doing things that seem impossible, but to God they are possible. He even said that if God can take care of Moses and his people, then he can take care of our North Hills (my church). {Remember God led Moses and maybe a million people out of Egypt. They even crossed the impossible, the Red Sea, or was it a lake, or was it the dead sea. Oh, I don't know it was bigger than the toilet and smaller than the ocean. No, I know it wasn't the dead sea.- Sorry, my headache is in the way of my thought process.} Well they crossed it while soldiers were trying to attack them and make them come back...funny thing is, the soldiers ended up drowning and dying in the sea... while the tons of people crossed it in ONE day. That was a miracle in God's plan. God wanted the Israelites to go through trials so that God would show more of Himself, His Love, His protection, His Plan...then he would help his people out of Egypt. Anyway, they crossed the impossible.
Things to remember from the sermon:
1) God chooses us to walk through trials, not around them, to help us out of the trial.
2) God is in control of everything.
3) Satan is always there to deter you and your thoughts away from God. He will make you think God doesn't care about you or where you are at.
4) God can deliver us in a moment's notice.

You may feel down, blue, depressed, lonely, unloved, unhealthy, unrestful, sick, unhappy, frustrated, weak, etc...

God is hear to say:
1) I will give you rest
2) I love you
3) I will correct your steps
4) You can do all things through Christ
5) I haven't given you fear, but of a sound mind.
(these were my notes taken from the sermon)

Rest in GOD'S ARMS

7 comments:

  1. Nice blog, Tanya!
    I'm glad you've been resting. You're a prayer warrior and that is draining physically, emotionally and mentally - so you need to rest because we need your prayers. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me AGAIN, Tanya! I pray that you will be well some day on this earth, but meanwhile, I am so glad that the Lord has given me someone like you who has the same struggles, so I feel less alone.

    I often feel overwhelmed about living in "a mess", but today I am grateful that I was able to prune ONE bush in the sunshine with a nice breeze and birds singing. I know the Lord doesn't mind that we don't get "everything" done. I pressure myself so often, but he gives us what we need to get what He wants us to do done!

    I thank the Lord that He gave you the energy to be an encouragement to me and that He is giving you rest!!! - Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb and Penny, thanks for the encouragement too...I actually pruned my unfruitful orange tree today and did laundry...I stayed out in the back patio, because it felt so good to be in the beautiful air.. Isn't God good???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found out that when there are blossoms on the fruit tree, it means that there will be oranges soon. I wish I knew that before I pruned it and took most of the blossoms off. I love oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a fine thing to talk about walking with God...Tanya WALKS with God. And, there's nothing 'teensie' about her faith!

    Love you Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your encouraging words...Love y'all

    ReplyDelete
  7. once again thank you
    just for having on you mind to
    send these words inspiration to
    (smile, laugh, and enjoy)

    ReplyDelete