Friday, September 18, 2009

Contentment*

I shall be content
through doctor’s appointments, blood tests, MRI’s, EKG’s and physical examinations;
through medications, ultrasounds, wellness shots, physical therapy, and neck and back adjustments;
through electric stimulation, deep massage, posture pro, and trigger point injections.

I shall be content
through no sleep to restless sleep, dropping things, forgetfulness, and lightheadedness;
through muscle spasms, daily headaches, ongoing stomach issues, and lack of energy;
through allergic reactions, cervical vertigo, sensitive hearing, and even silent illnesses.

I have slowly learned to be content
through having an income to low income and being on a lowered income of SSA Disability;
through ongoing medical-life adjustments, benefits taken away, and finances becoming even tighter;
through two to five doctor’s appointments a week to learning to become a patient - patient.

I am learning to be content

through God who is my ultimate Father, my companion, my guide, and my counselor;
through God who is faithful, compassionate, kind, omnipotent, and omniscient;
through God who understands, is lovable, and is one who is always here with me.

I am learning to be content
through God’s closeness, companionship, ultimate strength, His amazing grace and mercy;
through God’s blessings, patience, unconditional love and His total understanding of me;
through God’s beautiful presence, awesome friendship, and His ultimate being.

I can not live without God's help

3 comments:

  1. Debra Kallevig9/21/09, 8:35 PM

    That sounds like a tall order! May His perfect peace be upon you every moment of every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay L Stevens9/21/09, 8:35 PM

    Praying for healing where ever you need it and the peace and grace of God to carry you through all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia Vasquez likes this.

    ReplyDelete