Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Artist Biography 2012*


Although I specialize in oil painting, sketching, and photo greeting cards, I do enjoy exploring wherever else my creative senses take me. I have been a member of the Redlands Art Association since July 2011. Every time I talk to another artist or check out all the various, creative artwork at the RAA art gallery, I become more inspired in my artwork.

As for my love for art, I only dabbled in art classes when I was younger and focused on my poetry and writing skills most of my life. While admiring the sketches and paintings of others; it was not until later in life that I really found a deep interest in my own artwork.

In 2008, I wanted to try oil painting so I went to a craft store and bought an inexpensive, miniature oil painting kit.  After I painted a couple of sceneries, one of my friends politely said that I really could use some more help so she bought me a couple of books on how to oil paint. That was all I needed to fall in love with oil painting and the rest is history.

 My passion of nature artwork in oil painting and photography, is from the breathtaking views and inspiration God created. When I look at a huge mountain, admire a blooming flower, or just view the beautiful sky, peace floods my soul and all I want to do is capture that moment.

 In 2011, I painted a picture of a dove that is titled “The Holy Spirit is my Comforter.” With the help of my friend, we donated the painting to the Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital. The 24x36 inch canvas is now being displayed in the children’s cancer ward in the Infusion room. The oil painting was donated to encourage and give hope to children who have cancer and also to encourage their parents while seeing their child go through tough times.

For information, contact 
expressivepraise@gmail.com






1 comment:

  1. I love your site. Your artwork is amazing... God bless

    ReplyDelete