Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cloud Therapy* (in Memory of Debbie Hodson)*


Cloud Therapy

There is something about looking up into the sky and seeing white, puffy clouds.  It is very relaxing and peaceful.  My dear friend, the late Debbie Hodson, loved to talk about looking up into the clouds and thinking about God's great love.  In 2008, when she was going through chemo therapy due to cancer, I made her a fleece blanket.  It was sky blue with white puffy clouds all over it.  I have been wanting to make more of them but for some reason I cannot find that same material in the stores that used to sell them.  I guess I should have listened to my mom and bought that material when we had that idea several years ago.  

I miss Debbie and I am still reminded of God's love when I look into the clouds. I imagine that she is having the time of her life as she is totally in God's presence without any pain... I wrote this poem in honor of her:

When the pain is so great and times are so tough
and you don't think you can make it, because life is so rough,
Look up into the clouds, high in the sky
as they are sitting still or passing by.

When the clouds are pure and inviting and are white as a dove
they are a small reminder of God's great and awesome love.
When it is overcast and the clouds seem, oh so gray
remember God isn't leaving; He is here to stay.

When all the clouds seem to have disappeared and want to hide
Remember if you do not see God, He is still always at your side.
so if you are having a sad moment or some major uncertainty
Lift your chin up, look up at the clouds, and remember God's cloud therapy.




I originally wrote this poem on February 18, 2009. Also the picture of the dove is a copy of the oil painting I painted in 2011 called "The Holy Spirit is our Comforter." The original painting is displayed at the Loma Linda Children's Hospital in Loma Linda, CA. It is in the children's cancer ward (infusion room). With a help of a friend, we donated it to inspire children who are going through cancer treatments and for their parents who need encouragement too.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting.....-Melodi Haller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this poem! It is a wonderful reminder of how we must keep our eyes (especially our spiritual eyes!) ever watchful for the Lord. And I loved that painting--so glad to hear that it is in a place that it can bring joy to others!

    Andree'

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou Melodi and Andree'. I appreciate the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. our pastor made a statement Sunday that I thought was great. He said, "The only way to give God EVERYTHING, is to give Him the NEXT THING." It puts me in mind to say, Sometimes the only way to make it though life is to make it though the next day or maybe just the next hour. Or, the only way to endure life for God's glory is to endure the next hour for His glory.

    -Corissa

    ReplyDelete