Monday, July 29, 2013

Are you content?*

What makes you happy, content, and joyful? People always say the grass looks greener on the other
side. Why is that? Why do we tend to want things that we don't have? Or if we are single, we want to be married...if we are married, we want to be single...if we have short, straight hair, we want long, curly hair? Why are we like that???

What is contentment? It is a state of happiness and satisfaction (www.google.com).Are you content in this life? Or are you miserable in wanting so much more of what you don't have? I have learned to be content in the circumstances that I have gained. Yes, even now there are times, that I deeply desire that I was healed of all these ailments, or wish I had  a husband or child.  Yet I have learned to be content.  I used to be so frustrated with God that I wanted to get married or be pain free, that it actually was eating up at my heart and mind.  I had to learn and grow in God with what was given to me in this life.  I had to realize that for some reason in the past, I have had to endure many hardships.  I didn't like going through it, but I had to endure them to help me be who I am today.  I know that God can take away all my pains in just a blink of an eye, but I also know that He has us go through things to help grow us spiritually far more than we can ever comprehend.

Learn to be content


1 comment: