Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Got Weed? *

medical marijuana photo: Medical marijuana school green_zps397b9cc2.jpg
Got Weed? How About Medical Marijuana?
Cannabis, medical marijuana, Mary Jane, hookah, hit, M.J., pot, dope, grass, weed, etc...Whatever you call it, it's out there. These days it seems to be such a controversial issue because of the effects of altering the brain to take away the pain verses the fact that it's a drug and we are to say no to drugs.

I have had several people tell me that I am a perfect candidate for medical Marijuana because of the major health issues that I endure.  It would probably be easy for me to get a "medical weed card" and get as much weed as I need.

Recently one of my friends gave me a little marijuana to help with the pain. He even made a pipe and gave me a lighter as a special gift.  I opened the package and it smelled like skunk.That was the worse smelling stuff I ever did smell. I just laughed; I have a strong sense of smell and if I was to smoke it, I knew that I wouldn't be able to handle the awful smell.  I don't know why people smoke skunk weed. yucky

I have had several people tell me that I don't have to smoke it; I can actually bake with it. I am thinking I don't want to ruin food, that skunk smell will probably not go away. I was even told to roll it up in some cheese and eat it. (And no I am not following the "wrong crowd" I just have people in my life that are really concerned about me and want me to have relief from all the horrible pain I have been in. I appreciate their heart...but I just couldn't get myself to do it.)

I don't know why, but everyone seems to suggest to bake them in brownies. I know brownies are my favorite dessert, but I don't want to ruin them. After contemplating it, I just couldn't get myself to take the weed.  If other people take it for pain, that's between them and God, and I don't judge them for it. I know what it is to be in so much pain that you want to do anything to get rid of the pain, but I also know that for me, I just didn't feel God wanted me to go that route.

What are your thoughts about Medical Marijuana?

Photo is by photobucket.com Medical Marijuana photo (photobucket.com)

8 comments:

  1. Each to their own and whatever it takes. I support this if it helps. The only proglem is it is illegal and if found in your system whilst driving or after having a car accident, charges would be laid and I am guessing insurance companies would not pay out either. I dont know much about other harmful effects of this drug either. Its a hard one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fibro buddy 27/17/13, 2:45 AM

    In my humble opinion, I happen to think Marijuana should be legal for adult, it was legal years ago & only made illegal because the *powers that be* could see Heaps of money to be made by doing so & they couldn't work out how to tax it. Many famous people have used it over the centuries, Queen Victoria for 1, she used it for PMT. It's not physically addictive & has wonderful uses, ie for pain, nausea, aids appetite, PMT just to name a few & I'm not aware of any serious side-effects, unlike many, many medications that do have serious side-effects. Also Marijuana's little brother Hemp has 1000's of amazing uses & if used world wide would be the biggest legacy we could all leave the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fibro buddy 37/17/13, 2:47 AM

    can only wish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fibro buddy 47/17/13, 2:47 AM

    i wish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fibro Buddy 57/17/13, 2:48 AM

    Eventually

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it should be legalized also. Can't understand how they can justify the use of alcohol & not mj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marijuana, in its natural form (i.e., grown from the plant and cured--the movement to legalize marijuana includes provision for a user to grow their own plant), is like any other plant. Should a burn victim in pain not use natural aloe (despite how bad it tastes when fresh from the plant) to see if it works?

    Think of the terrible chemicals used in man-made medications; they often have no smell and sometimes have no taste, but are more dangerous than any plant.

    Current legislation makes "legal" marijuana a trap for those who find relief in its use; if found during an employment drug test, the user would be in trouble even with a prescription. I believe if it is considered legal, a person with a prescription should not be penalized for having it in the system. However, if it is found to be the cause of, for example, a car accident (much like alcohol), then there should be a penalty.

    Many disavow its use because it was first a "street drug" but what of the millions of individuals addicted to so-called prescription drugs that are now "street drugs?"

    As far as the God and suffering discussion, that is far above my pay grade to decide. But based on your "skunky smell" argument, if it had no odor would you be more apt to try it to minimize or eliminate your pain? Just food for thought (no pun intended--and from what I have heard, the smell dissipates when cooked. I was a smoker and tried smoking marijuana and didn't like it so I never tried eating or cooking it myself...).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think marijuana is probably safer to take for pain, depending upon your circumstances, than the pain medication prescribed by doctors. Amazingly enough, many people die each year from acetaminophen, and ibuprofen and other pain killers - big pharma has been successful in keeping this out of the press. I would suggest you google "people dying yearly from pain medications." I see medicinal marijuana as a more natural remedy that unfortunately, has been abused by people that use it as a recreational drug and kids that should not take it, as it affects their still developing brains. As a result, it has been, perhaps, vilified by our society unfairly.

    ReplyDelete