Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Silly Brain*

If you have fibro fog or any brain fog this may make sense....
I was with my friend for a few hours yesterday  and I had the hardest time forming complete sentences. Luckily I was tired and got the giggles, otherwise it would have bothered me. I also felt like Dory from "Finding Nemo." I kept getting so easily distracted and my brain felt like it was turning to a mush or a mixed slushy. I couldn't form completed sentences. I kept forgetting what I was saying and the more I thought about it, the worse it got. I would try to explain what I mean, but then I couldn't remember what I was explaining. And no, its not dementia or Alzheimers. It's what we call fibro fog or brain fog.
I kept dropping things, about 4 things to be exact.  Not at home, but right in public.  I dropped my credit card at the checkout, well I think that is what it was. Then I dropped a few things I was purchasing, plus a few things in the aisles.   But that is okay, I didn't break anything, but maybe a little of my pride...
I also kept bumping into things due to the off balance feeling I have. It isn't a pleasant feeling when one collides with a door knob, the wall, or the edge of a table. This isn't done on purpose but somehow my brain is not cooperating with my thought process.
Lately my energy is slow and is trying to catch up, but it's lacking.
Sleep is a joke.
Naps are a must.
Socializing is strained.
A trip to the grocery story is exciting. I try to go to the store before my energy is depleted. It's a race against time, who will win? Me or low energy.
If I say "hiiiiiiiiii," it's  just me, excited to see you, yet I have subconsciously prolonged the word, to try to give me extra time to remember your name. It is stored in a locked file in the abyss of my brain and my brain will not let go of the key. So, I am sorry, if I can't remember your name.  I am grateful that my brain is in my head because if it wasn't, my body would have walked away with a no return address.
And wait!  I am told that the older a person gets, the more their memory disappears. Wow, I can't wait. I'm up for a doozy in the next 10-20 years.


Written on June 16, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment