Thursday, October 8, 2015

Add Comments to my Blog

I have had Blogspot.com since 2007 and it used to allow people to comment with various webpages, their name, or be anonymous. Then within the last few years, they changed it to only allow Google account users to comment on the blog. It took about a year of me researching online to make a broader comment section.  I finally found a simple code that works for now.
<b:include data='post' name='comment-form'/>.After working with it another 3 hours today, it now allows people to comment using:
Google
Live Journal
Wordpress
TypePad
Aim
OpenID
or you can add your own name (and/or website) or even be Anonymous.

I still haven't figured out how to get the google comment section completely off without it not posting all the comments. When I take out the codes for the google comment form, it tells me people have posted but it doesn't show it on the page...So if you know how to do that let me know.
Also I noticed when I view this webpage on my smartphone, it somehow didn't show the comment section, so I had to change it back to the website view.

When making a comment: make sure you are on the full page. You may need to click on the title of the article (or post) so you are on the full page....

In a few seconds, you will then see the comment section a little after the article.


Look where it says: "Post a Comment." 

Type your comment in the box below it, where it states "enter your comment".
Click on the drop box where it says:  "

One exhausted and excited blogger,

yes, that's me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with you perseverance. Good job Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Default blogger box is much important, go check this comment in Source Page. " Tony " Right click on your mouse > View Page Source > Ctrl+F > search for "Tony".

    ReplyDelete