Wednesday, August 23, 2023

creative ways

Hello everyone.  This has been a crazy 5 weeks starting with the knee injury. I had to cancel my in person fibro meeting this month and last because of injury.  Yet through this,  I have understood people more with what they go through with knee or leg problems. I've learned to figure out creative ways of doing things like keeping a bag by the family room so i can carry the cats bowls in the bag back to the kitchen every morning.  I've been keeping a walker by the toilet to help me stand up and sit down.  I've had to keep some dishes on the counter because i can't stand on my tip of toes or step ladder to get to my cupboards.  I've learned to scrub the tub with a sponge mop so i don't bend my knee.  I keep a tv tray by the family room door to put things on it while i use my crutches to get up the one step,  and then grab whatever is on the table to bring into other room.   Yes I've learned to do things differently  and am grateful that God has given me a husband, he's my husband that I've had for 4 years now on Sept 1 😃 😊,  who has been helping me.

Lately When I have been getting the trash ready,  he's been bringing it to the dumpster or outside in trash cans. When I get the laundry ready, he's been carrying it to the washer and dryer and back.  Sunday was the first time he actually let me help him fold them in 5 weeks.  Ha ha. I'm usually the one who does all the laundry in the home. Today I was trying to figure out why I feel like i have nothing to do today.  Then i realized oh yeah i usually do laundry on Mondays but he's been doing it.

My hubby knows me as someone who has fibro and limitations and that's who he married.  So he knows I try to space out my chores and whatever else I need to do. I try to pace myself.  Yet it's been nice and lovely that he's been giving me an extra hand during this time... because he's doing things I couldn't do....and also he always does the main yard work all the time because there's things I can't do with my allergies and fibro.  God had given me a wonderful man and I'm so grateful for him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment