Sunday, April 7, 2013

Silly Me*


I'm laying on the couch
I look toward the window.
The blinds are open to look out
and a tree is waving at me.
It's shaking it's leaves in the wind
and making me want to grin
because it's waving at me.

I'm laying on the couch.
My cat is sitting on the floor.
I pat the cushion for him to come
and he walks slowly to my side.
I reach my hand for him to touch
and he greets me with a little purr
because he's purring for me.

I'm laying on the couch.
The blankets around me are so soft.
One beneath me so inviting
and the one above me is delighting.
I cradle it in my arms
and feel cozy and charmed
because it's comforting me.

I'm laying on the couch.
I have only slept but a blink
yet all my thoughts are poems.
Am I delirious and awake?
Who cares? It's just me.
It's just God, my cat and I
because I am silly, you see.

As I'm laying on the couch,
I hope you read this poem.
I hope it catches your eye
and make you want to laugh
or make you want to smile.
But if you don't enjoy it, who cares?
Because it's silly being me.



(poem written on 4/3/13)










2 comments:

  1. Michael Ballew4/7/13, 5:34 PM

    Thats great that u can put life into a peom like this thanks.

    ReplyDelete