Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Passing By?*


Matthew 27:39-40
 And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads and saying, “You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.”

I have read this scripture so many times, yet recently I decided to think about it more.

Jesus was dying on the cross, along with a guy on each side of him.  Then people were walking by him as he is dying...They are passing by. They are making fun of him and mocking him. Have you ever thought about this?

If I saw someone hanging on some wood, and all beat up and bloody, I wouldn't want to be near that person. If I liked the person or nor, It would be too painful to look at. I don't know, maybe because I am not used to watching people being tortured or dying a painful death like that. I wouldn't even want to watch my worse enemy die a painful death. It's just not my thing.

hmmm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment