Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Chuckle with God*

So I am up this morning and it's 3:30 am. I have been awake for about half an hour without sleep. (Yes,I am using up a "spoon" already. If you don't understand, request last post). As I hobble to use the restroom, I look up at my wall and read a mini silver plague that I put on my wall. It's actually a Christmas ornament that I bought a week ago at Walmart for 75% percent off. Hey, that's a bargain: it was only 74 cents, so that was a gift, in itself. Woohoo!!!

The mini plague says:



"Trust - We know and rely on the love God has for us John 4:16."


I decided to look up the scripture. I know I have heard that saying before, but I wanted to make sure it was scriptural. As an adult, I realized a lot of things I thought was in the Bible, were just sayings people had said.

I look up John 4:16. It says, "He told her,'Go, call your husband and come back.'" I just laughed. So many people had that ornament hanging on their tree and thinking that the relying on God verse was John 4:16. I just laughed. Still chuckling. too funny. lol.

It also reminded me of several years ago, when my niece Jennifer was little. We were in my room and she wanted me to read a verse from the Bible. I asked her which one did she want me to read. We decided to play a game; she would point to a verse, and I would read it. The first verse we came upon was John 4:16. I think in a different translation it said, "Go get your husband." We both just laughed. Knowing that I am not married and her and I wanted that dream to be fulfilled one day, we just roared in laughter. It was a memory that I will cherish with my niece.

To continue with the ornament verse, I had to find out where that verse was. I looked up 1 John 4:16:
"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us."  

So the quote on my ornament was in the book of "First John" and not the gospel book of "John"....too funny


I might have got up early due to insomnia, but I had a chuckle with God this morning. Thank you God...

5 comments:

  1. "Read this on your blog this morning and was CRACKING UP! I love it! How many times do we not take the time to realize that things as they are presented are not as they should be...thanks for giving me a smile to start my day :^)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to have you as a friend, and that Penny has you as a friend. I admire your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny,
    Maybe God was telling you to go call YOUR husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya,
    It's so great that you have kept your sense of humor through it all! I admire that. I was just asking God the other day to help me have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete