Monday, January 11, 2010

The Spoon Theory*

Yesterday, I wrote about how frustrated I have been so I did some physical activities the past two days to help me let go of the frustration. (Some of my friends said how great it was to be physically active and how I need to do more of it. Yet little do they know when a person has just one major illness it causes extreme pain, it probably is hard to get out of bed and face each morning. Not because of depression, but because one can barely move due to pain. Yet I am not that person who has just one illness).

This is Day 3, recovering from past few days: pain was so great, had a hard time getting up, let alone move my body. Waited to eat, because it took much strength to get up and get in gear. Stayed in my pj's because just moving was an accomplishment in itself. Took two naps after two hours of being awake. Had to have hot packs on my back for when I bent over, pain shot everywhere. So hot packs on neck and shoulders felt as good as the one on my back. This is just a glimpse of my day for I don't want you to read about my whole day but about this spoon theory which I read about a few minutes ago.

I didn't write the spoon theory nor do I have lupus, but I totally understand it and use the spoon theory in my personal life. If you want to know more about me or a close loved one who has some kind of pain, illness, or disability, please read it. I pray you begin to understand what we go through.

(Note: I am sending this blog to give awareness of what some people have to deal with daily.
I ask that you click on the link and read about the Spoon Theory.

The Spoon Theory:
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/


4 comments:

  1. wow… I am so…. sorry…. I've know this all along, but that illustration makes it so clear. I am so sorry for taking my life for granted and complaining. I am so sorry. I can't stop crying…



    I think why I and many others complain about someone who complains about their pain, is because we don't really, and I mean really want to see or hear or understand or even believe someone's life is that bad and physically painful.


    I am sorry you have to endure this illness. No one wants to see their loved ones suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to have you as a friend, and that Penny has you as a friend. I admire your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a beautiful way of expressing your experiences and have a lot that you contribute. It is such a blessing to have someone like you in my life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that's such a great analogy!

    ReplyDelete