Tuesday, March 24, 2020

CRAZY TIMES POEM

I've been sitting here watching the coronavirus news,
And have to do something so I don't feel so blue.
I start a LIVE video where I am the silly host.
then I read all of my friend's very talented posts.

I watch funny cat and dog videos, and all the coronavirus stats.
And see all my friends' pictures of plates of food, and say "hey, I can make that."
Then I realize my cupboards are free from all the ingredients and more...
So we jump in our cool car and run to the store.

I look for all the spices, veggies and the steak,
And look for some big potatoes that I can bake.
I'm running low on toilet paper, so why don't I get some NOW?
So I wheel the squeaky cart over to that aisle, and say "OH WOW."

All of the paper products are gone from the shelves, except one, you see.
One lonely roll of paper towels is staring right at me
I think that would be so rough on my bum, oh my.
Why is there no toilet paper? oh why? Oh why?

I watch as a sea of people wheel on by.  
Their carts are full with meat, extra canned goods and tons of that 2 ply.
I run over to them and beg for a roll or two.
They insist they need it all and I start to feel blue.

What am I going to wipe my bum with? Oh me, oh my.
Suddenly I see a friend who sees me feel sad and cry
He gives me a package of his limited 2 ply.
I am so grateful for his generosity and my tears are all dry.

My life is back to normal because I got some toilet paper, hip hop horray!!!
The world is gone crazy, but I'm a happy camper today.


By Tanya Carroll
a.k.a. Tanya Kirkendall

No comments:

Post a Comment